Recognising stand out creativity & innovation in online gaming
Category: Innovation of the year - High commended for VBET
Affiliate marketing campaign
- STS has organised activities and competitions to engage with affiliates and encourage further promotion. These competitions are rewarding participation by offering desirable prises, notably meeting a legendary football player. This pushes competition between affiliates, all aiming to win the prize. With the goal for affiliates to gain new customers and revenue for STS.
- Creative use of an ambassador.
- This is a simple yet effective take on the gamification of affiliate marketing with a positive perception of the competition by partners.
Best native app
- Dynamic personalised content delivery done better than others.
- A wonderfully designed mobile betting platform, making great use of design, layout, brand colours, customer UX experience and innovative ideas like the Inside feature showing betting history stats.
- Really impressive features and supporting metrics - congratulations on a fantastic product!
Best omni-channel solution
- Proper omnichannel solution with results to match. Innovative products and long-standing reputation.
- Slick interface and consistent branding across all channels. It has taken a while for Danske Spil to master omni channel but the work is now paying off and showing financial success.
- Omni channel is hard to do well but Danske Spil have taken their time and now got a product they can be proud of.
Best use of a brand ambassador
- Great fast moving marketing
- Great use of an ambassador - relevant to the product, in tune with the public mood, and timing was perfect.
Bingo marketing campaign
Rank - Mecca Bingo
- The most comprehensive collection of campaigns with the makeover one being a favourite. Well done. The commercial upside vindicates all the hard work.
- An impressive roster of celebs and good results. Would be useful to see the creative behind the campaign and some idea of ROI/ spend
- Clever campaigns which mix the online experience with taking players into the real world and giving them money can't buy prizes. Great job at capturing the spirit of bingo players and targeting their audience with offers that they really want (that aren't cash).
Brand of the year
Mr Green Part of William Hill
- A renaissance under William Hill ownership...brands have to have RG in the core, casino brands in particular - spontaneous recall and trustworthy are key. Will be interesting to see if momentum can be maintained and whether it will replace their brands in other international markets.
- Mr Green appears to have moved on positively since being acquired by William Hill. What was already a major EU brand is growing. Good TV marketing campaigns aligned with social responsibility focus means this is a major brand of the future.
- They always put lots of effort into their branding and marketing comms which they've shown here again. Bet builder also a fantastic addition - as well as extra focus on personalising message specific to geo locations.
- Mr Green pulls together impressive verticals across the iGaming landscape, in multiple territories and with great experiences for the players. With RG at the core of activity, they are one of the leaders in having a sustainable approach that keeps players safe. A great brand for 2020 and beyond.
Casino innovation in responsible gambling *NEW FOR 2020*
- For me the innovation is not so much tools, systems and processes, it's working with academia to understand motivational psychology and other drivers which manifest themselves in out-of-control gambling behaviour.
- Kindred demonstrate a very 'customer centric' business putting customer behaviour at the heart of everything.
Casino marketing campaign
Kaizen - Stoiximan / Betano
- Clear winner in this category. Mixes nostalgia with contemporary, location specific and arches the mentality of a "gamer" - and the results prove it.
- Advertising an engaging and interesting UI/UX with merging vintage with modern with creative bespoke advertisements, using key visuals based on thorough personas data analysis. Creating user-targeted advertisements traditionally does better than a broader blanket marketing campaign, appealing to the interests of the individual.
- This was an interesting campaign. The brand took a tried and tested destination and gave it a unique spin. The results were excellent.
- Very different, very creative and plays completely to the driver behind acquiring B2C. Numbers reflect this.
- An innovative marketing idea to drive player engagement which has the positive knock on effect of FTD's. Superb idea that will continue to grow in this industry of bitcoin.
Innovation in bingo
- Innovative, interesting and apparently successful. The participation rate alone is impressive.
Innovation in casino
- Casino Races is definitely innovative and Stars have spent a lot of money to try and create a differentiated product in a product segment where it is hard to differentiate.
- The cross vertical scope is impressive as you’d expect from Stars.
Innovation in horseracing
- They have clearly done a lot of work to improve their horseracing product and the move onto their own platform has clearly produced results. The horseracing product they have built has a lot of complexity but they have found a way to present it simply and to give bettors additional information.
Innovation in mobile and tablet
Rank - Mecca Bingo
- Very impressive IOS rating. Best in class native offering. App only 'on the move' room shows they're receptive to the needs of their mobile customers.
- Great metrics and product as we've come to expect from Mecca.
Innovation in poker
- Difficult to challenge PokerStars for R&D and another good year for new product launches. Clearly doing well given the phenomenal growth rates during Covid, demonstrating success of both old and new variants.
- Impressive innovation to keep poker fresh and exciting.
- Love the fact that PokerStars have embraced VR and done so in a big way. This brand always working on a way forward and new ideas.
Innovation in sports betting
- Clearly the one to beat in the US, taking a lead in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. First to market, deep marketing budgets and depth of customer base from fantasy all critical. If commercial success measured by revenue and not earnings is the criteria, FanDuel is the one to beat.
- Impressed by FanDuel's commercial progress in US since 2019. Integration with casino resorts and sports bodies is impressive.
- FanDuel have a great offering, and they are clearly full of fresh ideas in the sports betting vertical. The promotions are somewhat innovative for this category.
Innovation of the year
- This company has innovation within its DNA. It's taking on a category: online gambling in a novel way.
- This is a great platform for the future. Unikrn has understood this generation who now want on-demand & available whenever they want demonstrating a great platform for future.
Who Knows Wins
- This feels like millennial gaming for the future.
Marketer of the year (individual) *NEW FOR 2020*
- This is the best entry in the class because we've got somebody who has been instrumental in lifting a brand within a category and there is verifiable information showing his successes. Overall Alex has stood out in a competitive arena with creativity and innovation.
- Strategic marketing at its best.
Mobile marketing campaign
- This is a clever campaign in a tough small market. To run a full media asset is hard to do and could fall on its face, the fact that they have trust and regular listeners plus athletes who want to be on it says it all.
- Overall this seems to be a creative solution to getting awareness and engagement within a small regulated market.
Personalised marketing campaign
Sky Betting and Gaming
- A clever addition to one of the industry's most effective marketing campaigns.
- Really great campaign idea.
Poker marketing campaign
Olympic Entertainment Group
- Original and creative and helps define the brand. Commercial success suggested by event popularity.
- Nice event and with a great app feature.
Social marketing campaign
- Genuinely innovative and stands out from the pack.
- A brilliant campaign that drives engagement through community giving as opposed to winning. Bitcasino have done a fantastic job in selecting this charitable cause and making positive noises for this industry.
Socially responsible marketing campaign
Kaizen - Stoiximan / Betano
- Very impressive educational campaign.
- Great video, great messaging, and an amazing project for the team to promote. Sometimes its not about highlighting the bad in gaming industry but how the industry can actually help in many areas of society which isn't done enough.
Sportsbook innovation in responsible gambling *NEW FOR 2020*
Kaizen - Stoiximan / Betano
- Great work - should be mandated across the industry. meets the brief of monitor, identity and act better than any other submission
- An AMAZING initiative which has achieved huge national viewing with a direct yet openly friendly message about problem gambling. Brilliantly orchestrated using sporting legends to achieve maximum reach.
Sportsbook marketing campaign
- Nice way of introducing players and broadening the base.